Monday, December 13, 2010

I wish I didn't know that

Yes we live in a desert and yes we live VERY close to a lot of wild animals, but today was a day that I wish that we lived in a city again. Louie had a doctors appt and I was ready to leave early so that we could go to the city (St. George) to look at some things before the appt. So, between making sure lunches were made, taking a shower, making sure the kids brushed their teeth, packed their lunches, got shoes, etc., etc., Louie comes into our bathroom while I am taking the little time I have to get makeup on and shows me...a tarantula. Supposedly a DEAD tarantula. Now, I should say that I hate spiders...no, I loath spiders...and so this hairy "dead" tarantula gives me the heeby geebies! He thinks that it soooo interesting and keeps showing it to me..."It's dead Andrea. Kids look what I found!"...right outside our back door!!!! So my mind starts swirling with he what ifs...what if it was heading inside...what if it came inside...what it I found it....YIKES! But it's dead...NOT!! He had it is a cup with a lid that you get at Maverik and the straw is still in the cup. Well, our third blessing, Frankie thinks that it would be great to poke the "dead" tarantula with the straw.....and guess what?...IT WAS NOT DEAD!!!! And it was not happy either!So luckily it was in the cup and so now..."Hey Andrea it's not dead!" I wish that I didn't know that. "Get that thing the H-E double hockey sticks out of my face and out of my house!!"...because now it is my house, when there is this undead yuck in it! EWWWWWWWW! I wish I didn't know that that thing was out there. I wish that I didn't know that it was close to the house. So now I will be checking the back door before bed and all around the house.Sometimes, ya just don't need to know.
Ps. Louie got the good news that he can go back to work next week...

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Louie! Tarantulas are not poisonous btw and rarely bite humans anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased to hear that Louie can go back to work. I feel for you about the tarantula though. I would be creeped out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say I blame you! I think I would have freaked out! So glad your hubby can go back to work now. Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers